|Best Management Practices for Seminars
WYC Seminars Checklist
(Download PDF Copy)
Day of Seminar
- Check PayPal paid attendee list
- Order Beer/Wine
Liquor Barn 952-473-1817 will put it on WYC charge
Order cans/bottles rather than a keg if off-season
- Order Pizza (for delivery around 6:30)
- Check on status of club ice (bring if needed)
- Unlock yacht club door
- Set up food and drinks
Napkins, forks, plates (from back closet)
Cups for pop machine and wine
- Arrange tables and chairs for attendees
- Presentation – items that may be requested by presenter
Markers and eraser
Overhead projector and screen
Laptop projector and screen
- Registration table
List of paid attendees
- Find raffle items (usually 2 wine glasses from back room, usually must be washed)
- Welcome each attendee
Some may not be members and not familiar with WYC, try help them feel at home. Introduce them to others if possible. If they feel at home, they may come back and sail.
- Collect money from all unpaid attendees. Give each attendee a ½ raffle ticket (keep other half and let them know there will be a raffle drawing later)
- Ask speaker if he/she would like to be introduced. If so, introduce or find someone to do so. (usually speakers don’t request this).
- Put all cash in an envelope and put envelope into ice money box.
- Rearrange tables, put chairs away.
- Put whiteboard and other presenter items away.
- Take trash out.
- Put any unused beer, wine, etc. in back room
- Turn off all lights
- Close and lock all doors